Content localization is the process of adapting your content to a given locale, with an aim to connect better with your target audience.
The most popular way of doing this content localization is through translation of your English content into the regional language of the market you’re trying to capture. The other way is to create content from scratch instead of translating from English. Both are acceptable, as long as the content is geared towards the local audience.
What is content localization?
Content localization is the adaptation of your content to meet your local audience. It includes,
- Translating your content in the local language
- Using the local currency values
- Adapting your graphics to meet the religious sentiments of the target market
- Adhering to the cultural traditions and preferences of your audience
- Changing the time and date format, so it is in tune with the format used locally
- Adding support for local numbers to make it easy for your customers to call
- Complying with the regulations and laws of the country
This list is quite a bit of work, especially if you have a presence in many countries that speak different languages. So, why should you take this trouble?
Simply because it brings a ton of benefits for your business.
Benefits of Content Localization
- Here are some reasons why content localization can give you that competitive edge.
Preference for local language
Many studies affirm to the fact that people prefer to read something in their native tongue. According to researchers at Common Sense Advisory, 56.2% of consumers look for content in their regional language than the price. This is why probably why many multinational companies, roughly 65% according to California State University at Chico, want to localize their content for different audiences.
Improved brand image
When you have content in many languages, you’re in a better position to engage your customers locally and globally. This is sure to boost your brand reputation, not to mention the customer base that could come with such a top-notch image.
Care for the local culture
When you have your content written in the local language, it shows that you care for the local culture, tradition and way of life. Right away, it gives you a chance to bond with your customers and create loyalty for life.
Thus, content localization brings many benefits for your business. When you’re ready to take this plunge, identify translation companies and get them to send a certified translation with a copy of the originals to you. And you’re all set to capture the world!
Leave a Reply